PEANUT BUTTER SOUP
Any meat/fish you want (usually good with hard chicken) with a side of smoked fish
Habanero pepper depends on your level of spicy 2-3 (extra for garnish)
Lots of onions (4-5 medium)
Carrots (4 sticks)
Fresh ginger, anise seeds, rosemary, garlic, salt
Organic low sugar peanut butter
Eggplant/garden eggs (4-5) and okra for garnish
- Blend 2 onions with ginger, anise, rosemary, garlic and salt together
- Marinate meat (if you have time – Overnight)
- Blend peanut butter and tomato paste until it forms a smooth paste (80 ml water but not too much water to thin it out)
- Put paste on stove medium heat. Stir occasionally until oil forms on top of peanut and tomato paste
- Steam meat without water on low/medium high heat (salt to your taste) cook for about 20 minutes
- Add 3 cups water to it, on high heat let it boil
- Cook pepper, tomatoes, eggplant, carrots and onions separately and blend until smooth. Strain chaff out. Set aside
- Add water to the peanut butter and strain into the boiling soup
- Add strained vegetable paste to it
- Adjust water according to how thick or light you would like your soup. Preferences!
- Cook on medium/high heat until oil done indication of this is water formed on top of soup.
- Put habanero, okra and eggplant in.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.